Saturday, October 29, 2011

The First Week

That first week is a toughie. Change is never easy, even when that change is the most positive one you could ever make. There are no exceptions here. Emotionally I have been a roller-coaster, mostly coming down from those terrific hills and lingering in the valleys a bit. As well I have had to deal with a pretty nasty fibromayalgia flare that had me in the bed with fever and chills a good bit of the time. Reacting to change is something that my body doesn't deal with well at all, but once that change has taken over and my body adjusts, it seems to know what to do then. I did find much comfort in Proverbs 23:7- "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he". So, in my heart I am thinking that I am on my way to health and the body worthy of a temple. And so it is!

I have only weighed once this week and am down by four pounds. I believe the results would have been much better if I could discipline myself to drink enough water. This seems to be one of my biggest hurdles, since I am not a water drinker. As well I have been on a little bad behavior, indulging in a cup of coffee once or twice on those really bad mornings. And I did have a diet soda, but my justification for that is delirium from the fever! That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!

I am doing a good job otherwise, and when I do falter, I do NOT beat myself up for it, as I am only human. And the good news is that my jeans are having difficulty staying up and I am already back into one of my favorite tops. So though I've declined to take any measurements this week, I can feel the difference in the way my clothes fit.

It will take some time before my physical symptoms start showing improvement but I am being patient with the process. I have done this before and I KNOW that it works. God gave us everything we need. And He didn't put it in the pharmacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment